Saturday, May 26, 2007

Part Two of Greed

Did it take centuries for me to decide on retaliation? No, but it had taken me centuries to muster enough courage to act. The centuries had taught me to strike: silently, quickly, deadly. To bring my level of hunting above all others.
I was never one to argue against Fate.

The China of Yesterday was a magnificent place. Never again have I seen it's equal. It was the only place I had a home.
The only place I once had mortality.

I am neither vampire nor shape-shifter. Nor witch, for that matter. I am not dead. My heart beats as surely as it had for the last millenia. What am I? Could it really be described?
I am a solid being, neither translucent nor opaque. I am not a ghost. I am not a rotting corpse, nor am I a brainless monster.
I believe I am a memory. A memory of the yesterday I never had.

Gambling with my life.
It was a predicament I had never thought I would encounter.
A few rounds at the table; what can happen?
I remember winning.
Life was never the same.
Winning was painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment