Friday, July 3, 2009

My 3rd of July



So after my pretty awesome day, I went home to eat & discovered this new, fantastic cover by Isaac Lee. Now, if only a slight substitution could be made; I think y'all know what I'm talking about. x(

The morning was bright and sunny. As I woke up at 7:25 am, exactly, I realized I had to call someone. Yes, that was the first thought that popped into my head. *sigh*
Breakfast: My mom had some pretty interesting "pot stickers." Haha, they were pretty abstract after sticking together in the fridge for a week or so. When the time came to boil them before frying, well...!

Small argument with my father about whether or not to bring a sweater. I did because he wouldn't let me go without it. I didn't need it ._. Met up with mai honeybear and Daisy at the bus stop @ Eastridge. Boarded 10 minutes early; was half an hour late to destination. Interesting views along the way.

The Cantor Center of the Arts was positioned in an interesting location. It seemed to be smack-dab in the middle of the Stanford campus, where I have never been before-- humongous! By the time we got there, it was probably 12:30 pm-ish and a good 88 degrees outside (88; random number, a bus we were on); Glen finally found the museum for me<3 Inside, there were a good number of contemporary art collections. My favorite collection had to be the one in the dark room. Me, I don't really recall what the exhibition was called, but I loved the way things came together in that gallery. Some other highlights of the museum visit: those sekrit wood boxes, Jennifer thinking that (wax?) figure was real [elaborate troll], bright blue vases, an (iron? bronze?) horse that looked like it was made of wood, & free pins. After a while (a short, short while), I picked out my term paper piece of art and we left the museum in search of food.

It was an epic journey. First, we stopped by the museum cafe, but- zomg!- who would pay $10 for a sandwich...? We slowly picked our way through Stanford, first stopping at an overpriced supermarket (college students --> poor??? No comprendo.) before hoping against hope that what we saw was a mall-sort-of-thing. Score! McD's & 1 lb of See's Candies later, we wandered around in yet another circle as we decided there was nothing else for us there~ 3:00 pm?

On the bus home, there were gay gangstas. Oh my, I know. I thought it was kinda cute & was intrigued, Jennifer thought it was (insert what Jennifer thought about it here, she didn't seem too interested and just averted her attention after she witnessed a kiss), and Glen was like, "OMG! Did you see that? Teeheehee!" but grossed out (?) at the same time. It was the first time I saw two G's like that. The world seemed to be a brighter place for a moment or two (:

We stopped by Han Kook (sp.?) and stocked up (especially me) on $0.69 Hi Chews (Seriously? Sixty-nine cents? HECK YES!) then the Salvation Army (we took a look at books). At Han Kook (again, sp.?), there were lots (LOTS) of Koreans. At the SA, there were lots of freaky dolls and a lamp that looked like a fright.

Missed the 22, but Rapid 522 today was WORTH IT! The bus driver was so <333, she had such an outgoing personality...AND we passed the 22 that we missed. Take that.

Eastridge at 6, 6:15 pm-ish, maybe? Discussed our day a bit (esp. the Gs again), then walked to Papaya. I saw that dress there...I tried it on, I want it bad. Jennifer should get the dress she tried on too (: It suited her, but I guess it's too "revealing" for her tastes =(

We stopped by Daiso, of course. There, we checked out mostly pencils/pens/erasers. Does anyone know the difference between HB and B lead? Anyways, bought stuff (yes, paid for an everything~), then we left.

Though not everything worked out according to plan today (where is San Antonio? did we get off a stop or four too early? THE MUSEUM???), I think it was the most fun I've had in a while. I didn't piss off Jennifer and the people we met today...
Wow, I feel like today was special somehow (: The people we brushed shoulders with today were all kind, interesting folks. From that odd old man who got on the bus and sat next to Glen, to the nice Samiritan who pointed us in the way of San Antonio, to the charismatic bus driver who was overjoyed to have the Fourth of July off, everybody was grade-A and one of a kind.

Haha, or maybe I like to people-watch.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I take back anything I said about the bus being boring

    ReplyDelete