Sunday, May 17, 2009

Big chunk of my "College Research and Preparation" project

It's (finally) the end of junior year. After months of struggling through huge mountains of homework and cramming for tests, I am just about ready for a summer of nothing but sleep and fun- except! Oh dear, college applications. As of now, I don't even want to think about the arduous process of filling out forms or writing the essays that may or may not determine how I live the rest of my life. Like many other students about to enter their senior year of high school, I just want to give my final year my all.

A wishful perspective, I know.

Somewhere inside, I am thrilled at the thought of taking the next step towards adulthood. I am thrilled by the idea that I get to live on my own, ecstatic that I don't have to attend class every day of the week (or at all, come to think of it). Still, I have to find the perfect environment to live the next four or more years of my life.

In my head, I have it all planned out: I want to be a biomed major at Johns Hopkins University, or UC San Diego, or the University of Michigan-- Ann Arbor...

Okay, I lied. Truth be told, I've nothing planned out. All I know is that in the forefront of my mind, I want to pursue a career that would allow me to work in a lab and help people.



^yeah...

May 17th: Being a frosh ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment