The song, "All of You" by Vertical Horizon, is blaring through my (broken) iPod earphones. Lucifer is charged up, setting is on "Repeat: One." I'm good to go.
There's something magnetic, absolutely hypnotic, about this song. The lyrics aren't anything particularly special. They've a more entrancing feel, and indeed, there's a trance-y element to it's beat.
"So you say I'm too quiet/Holding things up in my head. I say so much/ But you don't buy it. Don't want to wake up/ Alone in my head. Say that you'll never go now/ Don't go, don't go."
Opening lines of the song; I find them applicable to the way I feel- sometimes- people say things that are untrue because they don't understand, don't try to understand, don't even want to try to understand.
I butchered the previous sentence; okay.
But a certain someone, that someone, you just can't afford for them to not understand. "I need a lot of you/ All of you." Because you do.
And nobody wants to wake up, wrapped in their own nightmares when salvation is just there.
Help. Save. Safe. Peace.
The lyrics make me want to fall through to a different level.
Transcend feeling and, "get out on top now."
haha
ms rainclouds
No comments:
Post a Comment