Friday, May 30, 2008

Waxing poetic

I will, because no one, and I repeat, NO ONE, can't not be a poet. Oh sure, you might be horrible at it, but if you wrote a poem, you're a poet. Sucker.

So this lives in my AIM profile:
"doubtful finds things impressed
trouble caused them fear
niceties leads love contested
always when you're near"

Written by me, of course. What can be gleaned by reading it? At first, it seems like a sappy little love poem, but it's not. Of course it's not; it's about not loving someone.

To me, the first line, "doubtful finds things impressed," is about someone [person A] who is in doubt about whether or not they should even notice the impressions someone else [person B] is trying to make. Line 2, "trouble caused them fear," isn't really fear fear. It is more of an, "I don't want to hurt this person" type of feeling, "trouble" being the state of not liking person B. "Niceties leads love contested," "love contested" meaning there is no love, no matter how nice person B is to person A, or perhaps because of this, there is no "love." And "always when you're near" is, of course, these feelings of guilt when they're near.

So I have one message: Back Off.
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment